Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Come. Seek. Save.



For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. ~Luke 19:10

Come. Seek.  Save.  These words struck me this morning as I was meditating on this Scripture passage.  My Lord wants to come into my life to be present in my heart and in my home to bring grace and healing to the souls He has entrusted to my care.  Seeking my heart, He finds His lost sheep that goes astray several times a day and brings me back to the fold.  All I need to do for Him to save me from myself is to accept His message and invitation and follow Him in response to His promptings.

By allowing the Lord to come into my heart, I need to first turn down the ever-invading noise in my life.  That could be anything.  It could be signing off social media for the day.  It could be keeping the music off.  It could be kicking unwanted visitors out of my headspace.  By keeping the noise levels down, I am able to respond to my Lord’s presence and accept the grace He is offering me in that present moment of serving Him.  At that moment, I can hear my child’s voice, ask for the Lord to bless the food I am presently preparing, and pray for my family by their beautiful name as I fold their clothes.  It allows me to ask Him to come into my life and lovingly change me.

My Lord said He would leave the 99 to seek the 1 lost sheep who was lost.  How many times throughout the day do I get lost? Oh so many! I get caught up in what other people are doing on Facebook and Instagram and forget about the person that’s in front of me.  I can’t count how many times I have been checking my phone while in the presence of real people.  These are the people that matter because God put them in my life for a reason, and vice versa.  He gently reminds me and extends me grace in those moments to come back to Him and His purpose for me in that moment.  I cringe when I think about all the times I reject that grace and continue on the path away from Him and His will.  The peace I feel when I give into Him and His love and grace surpasses any other and I take a deep breath and respond to His invitation and allow myself to be led back to the fold.

The present moment is where my Lord saves me.  He saves me from myself and my own agenda.  How often I forget to ask Him what He wants and I continue to do whatever it is I desire.  True joy comes from dying to myself and accepting His will for me and for my family.  It is in that moment I can ask for His forgiveness and accept His guidance as I pick up my cross and continue to follow Him.  I receive Him into my heart and allow Him to save me from myself.  

He comes.  He seeks.  He saves.  No matter where it takes me, I’m ready to follow Him.  I must be ready at any given moment to drop my agenda and plans and accept His.  Sometimes that means putting down the dirty dish to kiss my child and listen to what they wish to tell me.  Sometimes that means turning off the podcast to say hello to my husband who just trudged through the door.  Sometimes that means setting aside my writing time to run to the next activity with the kids.  My Lord gives me these moments.  Each one is precious.  Every one has the power to save when it is I who seek Him to fill that empty space in my heart.  

And He said to him: Arise, go thy way; for thy faith hath made thee whole. ~Luke 17:19

No comments:

Post a Comment